On the territory of the citadel, museums of the Bendery fortress and the Exhibition Hall have been created and are operating.
April 1st to October 31st: 9:00 – 18:00
from November 1 to March 31: 9:00 – 16:00
Huge space over 200 sq. m., like the fortress itself, has its own secrets. For example, under the floor slabs there are two kruyt-chambers - two rooms in which gunpowder and other explosive supplies were stored.
The Museum of Medieval European Instruments of Torture was created in the northeastern (octagonal) tower of the citadel in its lower tier in 2012. It is especially popular with tourists. It presents samples of the most common instruments of torture that were used in medieval Europe. These instruments of torture were actively used by the Inquisition.
Planning, manufacturing and installation of monuments in the fortress was carried out based on the personalities of famous people who were somehow connected with the history of the Bendery fortress or Transnistria. The most significant place where a number of such monuments (busts) are installed is the Pantheon of Russian Glory, located under the southern wall of the citadel.
The hall is located next to the military temple of Alexander Nevsky. The hall exhibits historical locations reflecting the stages of the history of Pridnestrovie from the time of Catherine II to the present.
The military-historical memorial complex, which is also called the military necropolis of old Bendery, is located on the site of a Russian military cemetery. The history of this final resting place of the glorious soldiers of the Russian Imperial Army is closely connected with the history of the city of Bendery itself and with the history of the entire Russian state in the part starting from 1806.