Initially, the list of Hungarian prisoners of war who died in the city of Bendery in 1945 was obtained by the scientific department of the State Unitary Enterprise IVMK “Bendery Fortress” in Russian from the archives of the NKVD of the USSR.
After contacting the Ministry of Defense of Hungary, the Institute of Military History of this country conducted a search in the archives, all burials were confirmed, after which a list of surnames was provided with Hungarian transcription. After that, at the expense of the Hungarian side, granite slabs were made with the names of the deceased prisoners of war carved on them.
The plates were installed on the Military Necropolis in the foreign sector at the top of the memorial. It turned out that almost all the dead had previously lived in the same district and many even from the same city, the mayor of which every year organizes the departure of relatives to the city of Bender to the burial place of the Hungarian military.