Memorable dates in the history of the city of Bendery and the Bendery fortress cover the period from the 10th century AD, from the moment the Tigina (Tunkatai) fortress on the Dniester River was first mentioned in Byzantine chronicles, until 2018, when another of the significant stages of the reconstruction of the Bendery fortress ended started in 2007. The table shows the most important, in our opinion, dates or time periods, the most important in the history of the city and the fortress itself.
|No. p / p
|Date, time period
|Brief description of the event in the history of the city and the fortress
|History of the name (toponym) of the city
|Slavic period X-XI centuries - Tungata, Tyagin; Tatar period XIII-XIV centuries - Tekin; the period of the Moldavian principality of the XIV century - 1538 - Tyagyanyakyach, Tigina; Ottoman period 1538-1812 - Bender, Tekin. Subsequent periods - Tishno, Tigina, Bendery. Writing the city on European maps in different periods: Tehinia, Tehyna, Teghinea, Tehin, Thehinia, Tekin, Bender. On Ottoman maps بندر
|The mention of the "empty" fortress of Tungata on the river. Dniester (from Turk. Tun-katai - "Peaceful fortress")
|The Byzantine emperor Constantine VII (913-959) wrote in one of his works, in the chapter "On the people and the Pechenegs": “You should know that on this side of the Dniester, in the region facing Bulgaria, at the crossing over the river, there are empty fortresses. The first fortress was named Pachinakites (Pechenegs) Aspron (White - she is Belgorod, approx. G. Vilkov. And further), for her stones appear quite white; the second fortress of Tungata (from Turk. Tun-katai - "Peaceful fortress"), the third fortress of Kraknakata (Karak-katai- Watchtower (Orhei), the fourth fortress of Salmakata (Salma-katai - Patrol (Magpies), the fifth fortress of Sakakata (Saka-katai - a fortress on stilts, obviously Palanca), the sixth fortress of Gieukata (Iayu-katai-Military fortress). In the midst of the buildings of ancient fortresses, some signs of churches and crosses carved in sandstone are found, so some people keep the tradition that the Romans (Romans) once had a settlement there". We are apparently talking about abandoned, as a result of the invasion of the Pechenegs, ancient Russian settlements or about late Roman fortifications.
|The entry of the lands and the village of Tungata, where the Danubian Slavs lived, into Kievan Rus under Prince Svyatoslav Igorevich and Princess Olga
|The entry of the lands and the Slavic settlement of Tyagin into the Golden Horde, the western Ulus of Khan Nogai, into the administrative-territorial subordination of the Yambulok and Kutlubug hordes.
|First half of the 14th century
|According to the label issued by the Tatars, Genoese-Italian merchants colonize the mouth of the Dniester and build trading posts up the Dniester, including the trading post of Tigina, Olkhonia-Soroka, etc.
|Factories were used to store and protect goods coming along the Dniester River from its upper reaches, mainly from Poland, and for its further transportation to Akkerman and further to Kafa. Mostly grain, slaves and cattle. For transportation, wooden flat-bottomed vessels, called galleys, with a total carrying capacity of up to 12 tons, were used.
|The entry of Tighina, (Tyagyanyakyachyu) into the Moldavian principality under the Moldavian ruler Roman 1, father of Alexander the Good, as a border point on the Dniester.
|October 8, 1408
|The first annalistic mention of the city under the name of the customs point - the Tyagyanyakyachyu crossing in the letter of the Moldavian ruler Alexander the Good, granting benefits to Lvov merchants
|The charter lists the customs points of the Moldavian state, where merchants from the city of Lviv must pay duties. In the document, the city of Bendery is called Tyagyanyakyach and is mentioned three times. The text of the Diploma is written in the Old Slavonic language, on parchment and secured with a bull-seal with the image of a bull's head.
|On the way to Belgorod, the Moldavian ruler Stefan the Great visited Tighina, where he prayed in the Orthodox Assumption Church.
|There is a description of the church as a simple house with walls made of poles coated with clay.
|After the capture of Chilia and Belgorod by the Ottomans, the Genoese left their trading posts, including Tigina.
|From where they moved to their trading post Olkhonia (Achpron), later the fortress of Soroca, from where, not expecting further expansion of Turkey to the Moldavian principality, they returned to their homeland in Italy. Thus ended the presence of the Genoese in our region.
|By order of the Turkish Sultan Bayazid II, Gedik-Ahmet Pasha built a stone tower on the site of the crossing over the Dniester River, on the site of the future Bendery fortress.
|Subsequently, according to sources, in 1520 it was destroyed by the Cossacks. Since this period, the settlement of Tigina has been included in the zone of influence of the Crimean and Budzhak Tatar vassals of the Ottoman Empire.
|Under Sultan Selim I Yavuz (Grozny), the construction (rebuilding) of the citadel began, most likely the octagonal (Armenian) tower was built (rebuilt) first
|Campenhausen (1789) writes about this in his notes: “There are two inscriptions on the inner wall of the castle or the Ancient Fortress (Itsch Kalasy). One of them is half-erased, except for a few words and the Hijri year. The other is made in Arabic and is translated as follows: “Built by order of the Istanbul padishah Bayezid [Beyza-Devoly] under the rule of the padishah, Sultan Selim Hazi [Selim I, Yavuz (Grozny) 1512-1520. R.Kh.”
|After the fall of the capital of the Moldavian Principality of Suceava, as a result of the military campaign of the Turkish Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent against Moldova, at the request of the Tatar Khan Sahib-Girey, a stone fortress, called Ben-Der, was laid on the site of the former Genoese trading post. The Ottomans, having occupied the fortress, brought their military garrison there, where they began to rebuild the old Genoese fortifications. Suleiman Mosque is being laid in the Gate Tower.
|(“Ben Der” - according to one version from the Turkish “I want”, according to the second “port city”). A Muslim mosque in honor of Sultan Suleiman is being built at the Main Gate of the Citadel - the Gate Tower. Date of the capture of Suceava September 15, after which "Turks and Tatars celebrated the capture of the capital of the principality for 5 days". On the big sofa of the Turks with the Tatars, at the request of the latter, the Turks founded many fortresses, mainly in the Crimea, as well as on the Dniester and Dnieper.
|Raids on the fortress of the united detachments of Ukrainian Cossacks, recalcitrant Moldavian rulers and Polish troops, led by Alexander Korn, governor Ion Lyuty, hetman Sverchevsky, Severin Nalivaiko, Grigory Loboda, ruler Vasily Lupu, hetman Kunitsky and Stefan Petriceiku.
|As a result of these attacks, the fortress and the city were subjected to significant destruction, up to the complete burning of the settlement (a suburb of the fortress)
|For the first time the city of Bender appears on the map of Europe published by G. Reichersdorf under the name "Tehynie".
|The creation of a new Turkish administrative-territorial unit - the sanjak of Bender (lit. from Turkish. sanjak-banner), which entered the Silistrian eyalet (province).
|In addition to the city and the fortress, the sanjak included 22 more villages, the fortress was headed by the "dizdar" - commandant
|The construction by the Ottomans of the left-bank fortress, designed to protect the crossing over the Dniester and the citadel itself on the distant approaches.
|Which in July 1583 was destroyed by a united detachment of Cossacks and Polish troops. It was this fortress that gave the name to the future village of Parkany (fence, fence, fortification).
|To protect the fortress from constant Cossack raids, additional fortifications were erected in it and along its perimeter.
|The Lower Fortress is under construction with three towers and two gates. A dry bypass ditch is also being built around the citadel with mouth towers that protected the entrance to the ditch from the side of the river, the Watchtower, and also strengthens the Main Gate - the Gate Tower with additional armored masonry. There is an equipment in the middle tower of the Lower Fortress of the Muslim mosque in the part of Sultan Murad III. The construction is carried out by the vassal dependent Moldavian ruler Petr Khromoy, by order of the Sultan.
|First half of the 17th century
|The laying of a new earthen bastion fortress of a simple polygonal type, the contours of which can be traced in our time.
|Under the constant threat of the outbreak of war with Poland, the formation and construction of the outer bastion front of the fortress with a dry bypass, earthen moat is taking place. Formation in the polygons of the moat of bastions, half-bastions, gun and shooting platforms, as well as other fortifications. In addition to the citadel and the Lower Fortress, due to the suburbs of the fortress, which were covered by the new bastion front, the territory of the fortress increased to almost 70 hectares. When planning and laying out the bastion front, the southwestern tower of the citadel No. 1 (corner-Medial) was taken as the basis, from which the distance to all corner bastions was equal. The Italian traveler Nicolo Barsiv writes about the strengthening of the fortress during this period in 1639.
|A visit to the fortress by the Turkish traveler Evliya Celebi, who compiled a detailed description of it, published in his Book of Travels.
|A rather significant document, which already describes the new earthen bastion front, which lists the fortress gates, mosques, etc.
|Bendery becomes the administrative center of the Silistrian-Ochakovsky eyalet (province), where a beylerbey-governor, a qadi-chief judge, a defterdar-treasurer, etc. are appointed.
|On the initiative of the Grand Vizier Yusuf Pasha, the fortress and the city became the administrative center of Ottoman power in the North-Western Black Sea region. Bendery also become a place of concentration of advanced forces of the Ottoman army.
|In connection with the strengthening of the military power of Russia and its growing claims in the Black Sea direction, as well as in connection with the powerful Tatar uprisings in Budzhak, the Ottomans are building a stone bastion front on previously laid earthen fortifications in the 17th century, in the form of a pentagonal polygon - a project popular at that time fortification front in European early bastion fortification, developed by Antoine de Ville, S. De Vauban and others.
|As a result of the construction of a stone fortress moat with a scarp and counterscarp, which started from the Dniester River from the south, covered the entire fortress and ended in the north in the direction of the Dniester River, 10 stone bastions and semi-bastions appeared in the bastion line, a wall along the rampart, terns (hidden passages into the ditch, a covered path on the approach to the fortress from the outside, a glacis (sloping embankment), as well as fortifications outside the bastion front (retrashments, lodgements, etc.). (Constantinople) and northern Varnitsky (Yassky) with protective towers - guards. To control the reconstruction, the Grand Vizier Yusuf Pasha was sent to Bendery by the Sultan, the Moldavian ruler Antioch Cantemir, who arrived in Bendery with all his boyars and thousands of peasants, directly carried out the work. It is known from chronicles that stone and wood were brought from Lapushna and Orhei for construction.
|July 23, 1709
|Arrival in Bendery, after the defeat in the Battle of Poltava, of the Swedish king Charles XII with the remnants of the army, as well as the Hetman of Ukraine Ivan Mazepa with Ukrainian Cossacks and his clerk Pylyp Orlyk. Equipment of the first Swedish camp on the left bank of the Dniester River.
|In the course of advancing to Bendery, near Perevolnaya, 16 thousand Swedes and mercenaries were captured by the catching up Russian troops, i.e. that part of the army that did not have time to cross. Also at Ochakov, part of the Swedish army was destroyed by the Russian cavalry of General Volkonsky. General Sparre, General Daldorer, General Hole, General Poniatowski, Chancellor Müllern, Counselor Ferner, Marshal Düben, Colonel Grotgusen, Envoy Fabrice, Colonel Funk and Colonel Menzer, and no more than 500-700 Swedish Drabants, the king's personal guard.
|August 1, 1709
|The equipment of the second camp of the Swedish king on the right bank of the river under the walls of the Bendery fortress.
|It is this camp that is depicted on the diorama in the museum of the Bendery fortress.
|September 21, 1709
|The death of Hetman of Ukraine Ivan Mazepa (70 years old) in a private house in the suburbs of Bender - in the village of Varnitsa.
|Initially, he was buried on the high bank of the Dniester River in the same village, later, on the initiative of P. Orlik and Mazepa Voinarovsky's nephew, he was reburied in the church of St. George in the city of Galati (Romania). In 1878, one of the Russian officers claimed that he had visited the specified church, a local nobleman had already been buried at the burial site of Mazepa, and the ashes of the hetman himself were reburied at the local city cemetery, while the slab from the grave was in the local museum.
|April 5, 1710
|Pylyp Orlyk was proclaimed the new hetman of Ukraine in exile at a gathering of Cossack foremen, who concluded a military alliance with the Crimean Khan against Russia.
|April 5, 1710
|Proclamation under the walls of the Bendery fortress, in the presence of the Swedish king and the seraskir of the fortress P. Orlyk of his Constitution, called in the historiography "Bendery"
|The full name of the constitution is Treaties and resolutions of the rights and liberties of the Zaporozhye Host For the first time in history, it proclaimed the division of power into three branches - executive, legislative and judicial.
|Moving of the Swedish king Charles XII with his detachment to a new stone camp in the village of Varnitsa
|January 31, 1711
|The beginning of an unsuccessful campaign from Bendery to the White Church of the troops led by P. Orlik, K. Gordienko and I. Pototsky, consisting of 8 thousand Cossacks, 20 thousand Budzhak Tatars and a Swedish detachment.
|February 1, 1713
|"Kalabalyk" (turmoil), the attack of the combined Tatar-Turkish army on the camp of Charles XII in the village of Varnitsa, during which the king was captured and transported to Timurtash Castle, in the suburbs of Andrianople (now Edirne, Turkey).
|The unsuccessful campaign of the 55,000th Russian army, under the command of Field Marshal Burkhard Munnich, to the Bendery fortress. As part of the army as an adjutant to Prince Ulrich, there was the future captain Karl Jerome von Munchausen, who proved himself in a battle with the Turks on the Belochi River (Rybnitsa region).
|As a result of the opposition to Minikh by the 60,000th Turkish army at the crossing near the future Dubossary, the commander was forced to move along the left bank of the Dniester from Parkan to Rybnitsa in order to organize a crossing in another place. However, due to the beginning of the epidemic in the army, the campaign was completed. It is assumed that Munchausen, in fact, as I did the whole army of Munnich, could see the fortress closely from the side of the village. Parkany, while searching for a place to cross. It was these events that served as the basis for the future story "Flight on the core over the Turkish fortress"
|The siege of the Bendery fortress by the troops of the Second Russian Army, led by General-General, Count P.I. Panin. On the night of September 15-16, during a bloody assault, the fortress was taken.
|Under the terms of the Kyuchuk-Kaynardzhir peace dated July 10, 1774, the fortress was returned to the Ottoman Empire. In return, Crimea, fortresses and the cities of Azov, Kiburn, Kerch and Yeni-Kale went to Russia. Many famous personalities took part in the assault on the fortress, such as Emelyan Pugachev and the young major, the future field marshal Mikhail Kutuzov. During the siege and assault, General Wilhelm Lebel, Colonels Matthias Miller and Baron Korf were killed. Campenhausen in 1789 claimed to have seen the graves of Miller and Korf at Varnitsa.
|The siege of the fortress by Russian troops, led by Field Marshal Prince G.A. Potemkin. On the night of November 3-4, the fortress garrison capitulated, the keys to the fortress were handed over to Potemkin in his camp on Borisov Heights.
|However, according to the Yassy peace treaty of December 29, 1791, the fortress was again returned to the Ottoman Empire. In exchange for this, the lands of the Northern Black Sea region were assigned to Russia, and the lands between the Southern Bug and the Dniester were ceded, Turkey renounced its claims to Georgia, in the Caucasus the border was established along river Kuban.
|November 29, 1790
|In Bendery, the commander-in-chief of the Russian army, Prince G.A. Potemkin writes warrant (order) No. 1336 to General A.V. Suvorov about the transfer of command to him "over all the troops located near the Danube and about the assault on Izmail."
|This order is in the hands of A.V. Suvorov received in Iasi, at Potemkin's new headquarters. The document itself was created in Bendery, about which there is a note in the warrant itself. In addition, the bloodless capture of the fortress was facilitated by the fact that on September 22, 1789, the Russian-Austrian troops under the command of General A.V. Suvorov and Prince F. Coburg defeated the main Turkish army under the command of the Grand Vizier Yusuf Pasha, which was marching to help the Benders.
|Large-scale reconstruction of the fortress, led by a French engineer in Turkish service, Francois Kauffer.
|The stone “clothing” of the fortress moat was repaired along its entire length, the contour of the bastion line from the north was changed, a new fortress wall was built along the eastern coastal plateau, in which new gates were built (now Grigorievsky or Dniester) leading from the Lower fortress to the Upper . In front of the eastern part of the citadel, in conjunction with two mouth bastions-towers, a kronverk (redan) is built.
|November 24, 1806
|The corps of Russian troops led by cavalry general K.I. Meyendorff occupied the Bendery fortress without a fight, the Turkish garrison of which surrendered it without resistance, simply by opening the fortress gates, where Russian troops entered.
|Staff captain I.P. also took part in the capture of the fortress. Kotlyarevsky, the future founder of the literary Ukrainian language. As a result of the Peace of Bucharest on May 16, 1812, all the lands between the Prut and the Dniester, including Bendery, were ceded to Russia. The new border between Turkey and Russia passed along the Prut River. Bendery, like all the liberated lands of the eastern part of the Moldavian principality, became part of the Bessarabian province (region).
|The first general plan of the city of Bendery has been developed.
|In urban planning at the beginning of the 19th century, a random system of streets was replaced by a geometrically correct plan and regular building. On the classical basis, characteristic of Russian urban planning at the beginning of the century, master plans were developed for such cities of Moldova as Bendery (1813), Chisinau (1834), Balti (1845), Cahul (1845), Soroca (1846) and Orhei (1888); these plans were a rectangular grid of quarters sized
approximately 80x120 meters.
|The construction of the main cathedral church in the city - Preobrazhensky
|Construction began on the site of the former Turkish barracks. The first service in the temple took place on September 29, 1827, the painting of the temple was completed only in 1934.
|April 29, 1818
|city announced county, which Bendery remained until the abolition of the counties of Moldova in 1949
|The city begins to be built up according to a certain plan: at a distance of 500 meters south of the fortress, 8 wide streets were laid parallel to the Dniester and 8 perpendicular. The settlement of the city took place at first at the expense of the garrison, military officials and clerks, and later at the expense of Old Believers and runaway serfs. In 1818, about 5,100 people lived in Bendery. The city was overgrown with villages of immigrants from various parts of Russia, including Ukraine and Bessarabia.
April 29, 1818
|Bendery was visited by the Russian emperor Alexander I, who gave instructions when inspecting the fortress for its additional strengthening.
|December 13-14, 1821
|In search of the remains of the camp of Charles XII and the grave of Hetman Mazepa Bendery, the Russian poet A.S. Pushkin.
|April 2, 1826
|The coat of arms of the Bendery cynut was approved as the highest, until 1918 it was used as the coat of arms of the city.
|Completion of construction in the fortress of a new military temple of A. Nevsky.
|Completion of construction of a 1st class military hospital in the fortress.
|6.14-15 May 1828
|During a trip to the theater of operations of the Russian-Turkish war of 1828-1829. Russian Emperor Nicholas I stayed in Bendery.
|A fire brigade was created in Bendery.
|The initiator of the creation of the team was the Bendery mayor Lissitzky. On st. Cathedral (now Soviet) a one-story building with a tower was built. Since 1901, free firefighters have been replaced by full-time employees.
|August 21, 1861 September 6 – 9, 1872
|The city and the fortress were visited by the Russian emperor Alexander II, the only emperor who visited the city twice.
|January 20, 1871
|The first fixed railway bridge across the Dniester was opened in Bendery, connecting Bessarabia with the main territory of Russia by rail.
|The opening of the City Duma, the city was granted the right to self-government.
|On the basis of Order No. 122 of April 25, 1897, the Military Department abolished the Bendery fortress
|The abolition of the Bendery fortress was carried out together with the warehouse fortress Bobruisk
|The 55th Podolsky Infantry Regiment arrived in the city of Bender for permanent deployment from Akkerman, which had a significant impact on the appearance and population of the city. Stood in Bendery until 1914.
|Permanent river navigation along the Dniester was opened, a river port began to operate in Bendery.
|The construction of the military church of the 55th Podolsky Infantry Regiment named after V.I. Savior Not Made by Hands on the street. Sofievskaya (now Komsomolskaya)
|May 27, 1900
|In the city, on Prison Square, the construction of the People's Auditorium was carried out. In 1907, in memory of the 70th anniversary of the death of A.S. Pushkin, called Pushkinskaya.
|Currently, a modern prison is located on the site of the old prison castle. The auditorium has been preserved and is currently located on the street. Cavriago. Condition - dilapidated
|The first newspaper in the city "Bessarabian Telegraph" was published, the paving of pavements began, the introduction of electric street lighting and the construction of a water pipeline
|August 25, 1912
|In the fortress, in the square near the Nevsky Cathedral, in honor of the 100th anniversary of the Patriotic War of 1812, a monument to Russian Glory "Eagle" was opened, made at the expense of soldiers and officers of the 55th Podolsky Infantry Regiment.
|In 1964, the monument from the fortress was moved outside it, where it was installed near the Main Gate. Preserved to this day. Located on the street. Panin (Engels)
|August 1, 1914
|In connection with the outbreak of the First World War, the troops of the Bendery garrison, namely the 55th Infantry Podolsk Regiment as part of the 14th Division, and the 191st Largo-Kagulsky as part of the 48th Infantry Division, departed for the South-Western Front, distinguished themselves in Brusilovsky breakthrough and the Galician operation.
|November 28, 1914
|At the initiative of the Russian naturalist Baron A.F. Stuart in Bendery, the Zemstvo Museum was opened - now the oldest museum of local history in Pridnestrovie
|May 9, 1916
|The Russian Emperor Nicholas II arrived in Bendery with his family, where he reviewed the troops and visited the wounded in hospitals.
|March 8, 1917
|The first Council of Workers' Deputies in Bessarabia was created in Bendery, and on August 28 the power of the Soviets was proclaimed.
|January 26-February 7, 1918
|The defense of Bendery from the advancing Romanian units, in which the corps under the command of G.I. Kotovsky. The Romanian administration is established in the city.
|May 27, 1919
|Bendery armed uprising against the Romanian authorities.
|The uprising was brutally suppressed by the Romanian and French occupying forces. Most of the inhabitants went to the left bank of the Dniester to Soviet territory.
|June 28, 1940
|Units of the Red Army led by Marshal S.K. entered Bendery. Timoshenko. The entry of the city and county into the formed Moldavian SSR.
|The regiment of the 15th motorized division, later called Sivashsky, begins to deploy in the fortress.
|July 23, 1941
|With the outbreak of World War II, the occupation of the city by German-Romanian troops begins.
|The 999th separate fortress regiment of the Wehrmacht is being formed in the fortress, Romanian units, sigurantsy units (intelligence) and air defense troops are also located.
|August 23, 1944
|In connection with the brilliantly conducted Iasi-Chisinau operation, the city of Bendery was liberated from the invaders by the troops of the 3rd Ukrainian Front. The German garrison of the fortress left it without a fight. The offensive of the Red Army on the captured city began from the Kitskansky and Varnitsky bridgeheads.
|July 3, 1945
|The Bendery fortress was taken under protection as an architectural and historical monument of the MSSR. At the same time, military units of the Red Army were introduced into the fortress, namely the 10th Guards Budapest Rifle Corps.
|From Austria, the Second Separate Heavy Consolidated Pontoon Regiment was brought into the fortress
|He stood in the fortress until 1993. He occupied the northwestern part of the fortress.
|August 1, 1960
|On the basis of the artillery regiment, the 173rd missile brigade was created, which was stationed on the territory of the Bendery fortress until 1994.
|From an American reference book: Organization in 1970: 137th separate missile battalion (military unit 44217) 920th separate missile battalion (military unit 54176) 163rd separate missile battalion (military unit 89589) Technical batteryDisbanded 1994 - equipment transferred to Russia. Headquarters: Bender, Moldavian SSR, 1961 - 1994 [46 50 15N, 29 29 05E] [US designation: Bendery Army Barracks Citadel AL 2]Equipment: Rockets 9K72 (SS-1b/c Scud) [1990 with 12 boosters]Subordination: 14th Guards Combined Arms Army, 1961 - 1994 He occupied the southeastern part of the fortress and the citadel.
|March 30, 1962
|The Bendery district was liquidated, and the city of Bendery itself was separated into an independent administrative unit.
|A new coat of arms of the city was adopted, which, in addition to the fortress and the Dniester River, also showed the main branches of the city's industry.
|The first sister city of Bender was the Italian city of Cavriago in the region of Emilia-Romagna.
|January 17, 1986
|The Ministry of Culture of the USSR included Bendery in the list of historical cities of the Soviet Union.
|September 2, 1990
|Bendery entered the newly formed Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic.
|June 19, 1992
|Bendery tragedy - attack on the city by the army and police units of the Republic of Moldova, which led to mass casualties and destruction in the city and the fortress.
|July 29, 1992
|A battalion of the Tula Airborne Division entered Bendery as peacekeepers to cease fire. General A.I. arrived in Transnistria and Bendery. Swan
|June 19, 1993
|The first trolleybus service was opened between the cities of Bendery and Tiraspol.
|August 30, 1995
|For the courage and heroism shown by the inhabitants of the city in the defense of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic from the aggression of Moldova, Bendery was awarded the Order of the Republic.
|November 7, 1997
|The first in Pridnestrovie city Bendery television (Television studio Bendery) went on the air.
|September 25, 2003
|The modern coat of arms and flag of the city of Bendery have been approved.
|November 8, 2006
|By the decree of the President of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic, the Military-Historical Memorial Complex "Military Necropolis" (military cemetery) was created.
|July 8, 2008
|By the decree of the President of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic, the Historical Military Memorial Complex "Bendery Fortress" was created. The citadel and the territory adjacent to it were freed from military units. Its reconstruction has begun. Museum and excursion activities have begun.
|October 6, 2008
|For the courage and heroism shown by the inhabitants of the city in the defense of the PMR from the aggression of the nationalists of the Republic of Moldova, the preservation of the military-historical heritage and traditions, and also in connection with the 600th anniversary of the first annalistic mention, Bendery was awarded the Order of Suvorov II degree.
|July 6, 2011
|The restoration of the previously destroyed military temple of Alexander Nevsky in the fortress has been completed. The first liturgy was served, the cross was consecrated and placed on the central dome.
|October 8, 2018
|Opening in the Bendery fortress on the site of the former military unit of the park, named after the right-believing Prince Alexander Nevsky. Transfer of the bust of Nevsky from the church to the center of the park.